Pupil Accounting Services handles all state and federal reporting, Skyward troubleshooting, and maintaining all student data.
AFFIDAVIT FOR HOME SCHOOL INSTRUCTION
Address (if different from student):
The undersigned parent or guardian certifies by this affidavit that the student named above will attend a home school and assumes sole responsibility for the education of the school-age minor, except to the extent the school-age minor is dual enrolled in a public school as provided in Section 53A-11-102.5 of the Utah State Code.
The undersigned expressly prohibit the release of any and all information contained in this document, including directory information as defined in 20 U.S.C. § 1232g (a)(5)(A), without prior written consent by the undersigned. See 20 U.S.C. §1232g (a)(5)(B). In addition, the above information shall be classified as PRIVATE under Utah State law.
To be signed before a Notary:
Signature of Parent or Guardian:
Sworn before me on this day of , 20 .
My commission expires:
Click on Families in the top ribbon, then Skyward for Parents.
Your login info should have been sent from the district this summer, or given to you when you registered your child for this school year.
● Usually your username is ﬁrstname.lastname, but occasionally there are other characters involved
● A default password was sent initially to your personal email which you can change within your account.
On the top right hand corner click on “My Account”.
In this section you can decide what notiﬁcations you want Skyward to send you, how to receive those notiﬁcations, and how often to get those!
1. Daily Attendance Notiﬁcations can be emailed, posted to your Family Access Wall (online) or both.
2. Progress Report Emails will send as often as you set it. Teachers should be updating grades once per week, so we recommend either Weekly or Monthly.
3. Food Service Notiﬁcations let you know when the lunch balance is under $0. These can be sent as an email, posted to the Family Access Wall, or both.
Using the Calendar in Skyward
Click on Calendar on the left menu.
The Skyward Calendar can show parents:
● Holidays & term dates
○ Shown in blue
● Assignments due on speciﬁc dates
○ Shown in Green
● Grades earned on assignments
○ In ( ) behind the assignment title
● Missing assignments
○ Outlined in red
● Absences and tardies
○ Also shown in blue
Click on Gradebook on the left menu.
In the Gradebook tab, you can see a summary of your child’s grades & citizenship for the in app
periods/classes for the current term, or all year, depending on your display options.
Posted grades are shown in black font. Grades in progress are shown in blue.
Click on one of the blue grades to see a detailed view of what assignments and grades create the overall grade.
Clicking on any speciﬁc grade will bring you to a new screen: Quarter Progress Report in that class.
Here you can see the individual assignments’ scores. If you see a small text bubble, that indicates there are comments the teacher has made on an assignment. Click on the bubble to view the comment.
The pie chart at the top shows you how much each assignment category is weighted and how much it impacts the ﬁnal grade.
Click on Attendance in the left menu.
In the Attendance tab, you can see details for any recent absences, as well as charts on the right showing current term absence totals, and totals for the whole year.
Messages with Teachers
On the Home page, you can see previews of messages that teachers have sent to you!
To see the whole message click the [Show+] below the message.
At this time, messages sent here to NOT go to a teacher’s email inbox and Skyward does not send notiﬁcations of new messages.
We recommend sending emails directly to your child’s teacher at this time!
Clicking reply will send a message back to the teacher, but ONLY in Skyward and the teacher may not see your message since Skyward does not yet send notiﬁcations of new messages.
Clicking “Post a message” will allow you send a message to one, several, or all your child’s teachers, as well as counselor. However, the teacher may not see your message since Skyward does not yet send notiﬁcations of new messages.
Click on Food Service on the left menu.
In the Food Service tab, you can see your child’s lunch balance, recent payments made to the lunch account, as well as purchases your child may have made at the school. You can set a purchase limit for “a la carte” options (secondary only) and can see your child’s lunch number.
Click “Make a Payment” to add money to your child’s lunch account.
The Skyward App
Skyward has an app to makes monitoring your child’s educational needs and progress even easier!
Just go to your phone’s app store and search for Skyward! Look for the icon shown to the left.
Many features are available and easily managed using the app. Notiﬁcations make it super easy to stay up-to-date on your child’s progress
Most features are easily accessible.
However, assignment comments and lunch account payments are not available, and the calendar is not nearly as functional on the app.
Using the App
The homepage shows the default widgets “Lunch menu”, “Class Grades” and “Message Center”.
To navigate through the app, click on the three lines on the upper right corner.
Navigating the App- Recent Menu
The recent places you have visited in the app is the ﬁrst menu shown, indicated by the clock icon.
Navigating the App- Full Menu
Click the list to see the full menu of all options within the app.
Click on any of those options to see relevant information about your student.
Not every school uses all the features, so some of these may not have a lot of information to see.
Navigating the App- Account Settings
Click the list to see the full menu of all options within the app.
Change your password under
Select your widgets and push notiﬁcations under “User Preferences."
Getting More Help
For account issues, like logging in and access, call the Help Desk: (435)884-7799
For help using the app, contact your school.
If they cannot answer your question, call the Help Desk and ask for parent help in Skyward.
For help in Spanish, contact our Student Services, Multi-Language Specialists: (435)833-8778.
Schedule a Conference
1. Go to www.tooeleschools.org
2. Log into your Parent Skyward account by clicking the down arrow next to the word Skyward in to top right-hand corner of the Homepage. Then select “Skyward for Parents.”
3. Once logged in, you automatically be taken to your Skyward dashboard.
4a. If you only have one student in Tooele County School District, click on “Conferences” close to the bottom of the navigation bar.
4b. If you have more than one student in Tooele County School District select “All Students” found underneath the words Family Access at the top-right of the Page. Then click on “Conferences” close to the bottom of the navigation bar.
5. Once you click on “Conferences” you will see a list of your students and the school they are attending. For each student, you will click on their “All Conferences” button.
6. A menu for that specific student will expand, showing you the teachers that set up their Skyward scheduler correctly. For each teacher, click on “Select a Time” under Status.
7. A pop-up window will open and various time slots will appear. Find a time that works for you. To the left of that time slot, click Select.”
8. A new pop-up window will open that has specifics for that meeting. Where the “1” button appears on the graphic below, make sure your email address is correct. If everything looks correct, click “Save.”
9. You can now see that you have that time-slot locked. *Repeat this process for the said students remaining teachers and then for any additional children you have at the same school or different schools.
10. You will receive a confirmation email as well as a reminder email five days before the scheduled conference and another two days before the scheduled conference.
If you need additional help, please reach out to the following individuals. Thank you!
➥ Tamara Cummings at email@example.com
➥ Lezlee Pollmann at firstname.lastname@example.org