Tooele County School District is excited to bring Deseret Peak High School and Stansbury Junior High School on board in the fall of 2025.
A survey was created to select members for a focus group. This group has played an important role in determining the future boundaries by providing valuable input, insightful questions, and a comprehensive list of both pros and cons to the committee studying boundary options for our Tooele and Stansbury area schools.
Our goal was to ensure this focus group represents all the schools within both feeder systems. To achieve this, we selected focus group members from completed survey responses. We selected representatives based on addresses and children's current school, ensuring a fair representation across our communities.
Even if you were not selected to be a part of this focus group, your voice matters to us. We will be hosting various engagement opportunities in the future, including Facebook Live sessions, surveys, and a public hearing, where you can provide your valuable feedback.
We greatly appreciate your involvement and look forward to your contributions as we embark on this exciting journey of growth in our district.
- Consider transportation needs with boundary options.
- Establish proposed timelines for 5th and 6th to apply for OOB waivers, 8th graders, and which grades start at DPHS.
- Establish Communications approach.
- Develop an application for parents affected by boundary changes to apply for focus group participation and feedback on 3 boundary proposals.
- Create an application so we can ensure we have equitable representation across both areas and schools.
- Focus group applications distributed electronically to affected schools.
- Selection and notification of focus group participants.
- The internal committee considers and adjusts proposed options based on feedback.
- Provide notice to parents of students enrolled in the schools, parents at other schools, the governing councils, and mayors that the school board is considering a boundary change.
- Focus group meetings to gather feedback.
- Website goes live
- A Communications Plan is enacted.
- Share with campus principals who take it to staff. Clear up any misnomers and misinformation.
- Facebook Live Q&A with the whole committee.
- Qualtrics Survey to all Tooele and Stansbury parents.
- Presentation of process, proposed boundary options, and rationale for each option in Board Meeting.
- Present Qualtrics survey feed back and committee’s recommended proposal at Board Meeting.
- Hold a public hearing.
- Board is ready to vote.