In accordance with the Utah State Board of Education, Utah Department of Health, and the Center for Disease and Control, we will be operating school buses under the following guidelines:
- Students should NOT show up to the bus stop if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have a fever of 100.4 or higher.
- Students will wear face masks on the school bus at all times in accordance with the mandate from Governor Herbert's office. In dire circumstances the bus driver will provide a limited-use mask for a student that does not have one, (there is a limited quantity available). All students are encouraged to wear their own mask to the bus or wear the mask provided by the school.
- Students will be required to apply hand sanitizer during the boarding process. Dispensers have been installed on the bus for their convenience.
- Seating assignments are already required on school buses and will be adjusted to assign family members to be seated next to each other, as well as provide for as much physical distancing as possible.
- Please note: The transportation office is not accepting Space Available Requests for ineligible transportation students at this time. This is to keep the student count low and to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
School Bus Driver and Attendant Expectations
- Transportation staff are encouraged to stay home if they are sick or experiencing any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus, (Transportation Staff can refer to the COVID-19 daily self-checklist for more information).
- As part of the pre-trip inspection, transportation staff will take their own temperature each day to ensure they do not have a body temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher.
- District employees will wear face masks or face shields while passengers are on the school bus. Bus drivers must make sure face masks are fitted so they do not cause visual impairment.
- Employees will use the hand sanitizer provided on the school bus often and regularly.
- Buses will be disinfected immediately after all students have been dropped off at their destination for each route and will be deep cleaned at the end of each school day.
- Face masks are required in the drivers lounge, mechanics office, and other office spaces when proper social distancing cannot be met.
Thank you for your support as we evolve and adapt our transportation practices to protect the well-being of our staff and students. If you have any questions, please contact the Transportation Office at 435-833-1916.
If possible, families should consider driving or walking to and from school to help reduce crowding on buses.
Each city provides crossing guards at major intersections and busy roads near the schools before and after school. For more information about crossing guards, please contact the local police or sheriff's department.