(THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, MORE INFORMATION WILL BE MADE AT A LATER DATE)
Parents of students eligible for special education services have the option to choose the in-person
or remote learning
school model. It is encouraged that the parent meet with their case manager in response to either selection in order to discuss the most appropriate and available services and supports, benefits and challenges of both models. All situation have specific needs that should be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
All health care plans, IEPs, 504 plans, and behavior plans will be reviewed to prepare for accommodations and updates will be made if needed. Instruction, delivery, and content will be adapted to address the unique needs of the student.
SCHEDULE TO MEET WITH THE STUDENT'S CASE MANAGER TO FILL OUT THE STUDENT PLAN
- If a student or parent/guardian does not know who the student's case manager is or needs the contact information, please call the school and speak with the principal, (a secondary option is to call the district office at 435-833-1900 option 2, to retrieve the contact information for the student's case manager).
- Email the student's case manager to set up a staffing appointment to go over the student plan, (for reference, the student plan is located below).
CRITICAL POINTS OF CONSIDERATION FOR THE IN-PERSON LEARNING MODEL
CRITICAL POINTS OF DISCUSSION FOR ONLINE LEARNING
- Special education services will continue to be provided. A student with a disability will have the ability to be educated with students without disabilities to the maximum extent appropriate, as noted in the IEP or 504.
- Students attending school in person will be encouraged to wear face masks or a face covering. When needed, an appropriate safety measure for students unable to wear masks should be discussed.
- A meeting should be held for parents opting into full-time online learning in order to document this choice, modify the IEP to reflect the available and appropriate services and supports in the remote learning option, and to discuss potential effects.