Introducing Procedures & Routines
- Understand the importance of reflection in determining the expectations of your classroom.
- Be able to explain with clarity the significance of procedures and routines in your classroom.
- Demonstrates the implementation of procedures, routines, and rules defining clear expectations, procedures, and rules.
- Revise and construct classroom procedures and routines that impact future planning.
- Explain the difference between procedures and routines and their significance in classroom management.
Implement and Refine Procedures and Routines
- Teach and implement emergency procedures within a classroom setting.
- Establish and enact entry and exit routines designed for both safety and efficiency in the school and classroom space.
- Demonstrate how using teaching procedures throughout the day enhances the lessons and expectations of students.
- Show knowledge of the use of procedures for gaining students attention by formulating signals that will confirm the behavior desired.
CHAMPS - Classroom Management
- Show knowledge of how to effectively design, manage, and motivate a class with a clear vision of an ideal classroom. What does it look like, sound like, and feel like.
- Understand the importance of CHAMPS, a positive approach to Classroom Management.
- Demonstrate how cueing of the CHAMPS expectations gives students feedback and reinforces desired behaviors.
- Develop skills to create CHAMPS activity and transition procedures to implement in teaching.
- Reflect on an activity and transition that needs more clarity and utilize the CHAMPS model to refine expectations and intended outcomes.