Welcome to the
Digital Education Center
Providing online learning for
Kindergarten-12th grade students
Canvas, Edgenuity & Pathblazer
Learning Management Systems
Hours of Operation
Co-located within the Community Learning Center
211 South Tooele Boulevard Tooele, UT 84074
Room 126 (across from the gymnasium)
This site has been optimized for Google Chrome
Who We Are: We are teachers, staff and administrators that care about your student's education and specialize in delivering high quality instruction via the Internet. Students that enroll full-time in the Digital Education Center, work to gain original credit towards a high school diploma. Students may elect to remain at their home high schools and take up to (2) a-la-carte courses from the Digital Education Center by requesting courses through their school counselor. Students may take more than two a-la-carte courses only if they have been granted permission by their home high school principal.
The Digital Education Center provides students with a web-based method of earning original credit and credit recovery. Credit recovery courses generally are offered to students at their home high schools, under the supervision of certified credit recovery teachers.
Our Mission: We empower all students for college and/or career success by providing student-centered, quality, online learning paths.
Our Vision: Elevate your learning, anytime, anywhere.
Our Values: We inspire independence, self-reliance and ingenuity through adaptive, self-paced learning.
Our Motto: Every student, every day, everywhere, whatever it takes.
Communication: We are an online school, we use multiple forms of communication with parents and students (telephone, email, web meetings, in-person meetings etc). We require an active email address for all 7th-12th grade students to participate in online coursework. Students are issued an email address through the tooeleschools.org domain. We highly encourage all students to utilize their school issued email.
Our Platform: Tooele County School District utilizes online learning management systems known as Canvas, Edgenuity and Pathblazer. Students that have Internet access at home can access Canvas, Edgenuity and Pathblazer via a desktop, laptop or tablet (access via a smart phone is not recommended). Students that do not have access to the Internet may use the Digital Education Center computer lab located within the Community Learning Center at 211 Tooele Blvd. Tooele, UT 84074. Edgenuity is a common tool used in 7th-12th grade student learning, which assists educators in bringing coursework to students throughout Tooele County. Edgenuity courses are approved by the Utah State Board of Education and the Tooele County School District Board of Education.
- Digital Education Center (Kindergarten through 12th Grade)- open entry, open exit.
- K-6 Grades use Pathblazer, Google Classroom and Zoom (teachers may also use approved websites to aid in the delivery of instruction (e.g. i-Ready, Loom, Screencast, Flipgrid, Kahoot, Nearpod, and more).
- 7-12 Grades use Canvas and Edgenuity
- Snow College Accelerated Associates Degree- 9th-12th grades may participate
- Digital Education Center A-La-Carte- Utah core specific online courses (original credit and/or credit recovery), which can be taken in addition to face-to-face classes.
- My Tech High-Tooele- personalized distance learning
- Adult Education- Offering a path to an adult high school diploma
Digital Education Center courses
have been approved by the Utah Board of Regents
- October 26th 2021 at Blue Peak High School a free mental health screening will be provided for a youth grades 1st-12th. Please see the information on the flyer below.
Check your email for information concerning back to school night August 23, 2021. Teachers will be providing links to short teacher introduction videos and Zoom conference links at the secondary level
Special Education presentation for back to school night 2021-22.
Elevate your learning, anytime, anywhere