Elevate your learning anytime, anywhere
Providing online learning for
Kindergarten-12th grade students
Canvas, Edgenuity & Pathblazer
Learning Management Systems
Hours of Operation
(during the academic year)
Summer Recess Hours Begin May 31, 2022
Building access Monday-Thursday. No access Fridays.
Limited availability for in-person consultation during the summer recess:
Walk in Appointments available Tuesdays & Thursdays 8am-12pm.
Co-located within the Community Learning Center
211 South Tooele Boulevard Tooele, UT 84074
DEC administrative offices are located in
room 126 (across from the gymnasium)
This site has been optimized for Google Chrome
Who We Are: We are teachers, staff and administrators that care about your student's education and specialize in delivering high quality instruction via the Internet. Students that enroll full-time in the Digital Education Center, work to gain original credit towards a high school diploma. Students may elect to remain at their home high schools and take up to (2) a-la-carte courses from the Digital Education Center by requesting courses through their school counselor. Students may take more than two a-la-carte courses only if they have been granted permission by their home high school principal. The Digital Education Center provides students with a web-based method of earning original credit.
- Our Mission: We empower all students for college and/or career success by providing student-centered, quality, online learning paths.
- Our Vision: Elevate your learning, anytime, anywhere.
- Our Values: We inspire independence, self-reliance and ingenuity through adaptive, self-paced learning.
- Our Motto: Every student, every day, everywhere, whatever it takes.
Communication: We are a virtual school and use multiple forms of communication with parents and students (telephone, email, web meetings, in-person meetings etc). We require an active parental email address for students to be admitted to the Digital Education Center. All 7th-12th grade students are provided with a Tooele County School District email address which they need to use to participate in online coursework.
Our Platform: Tooele County School District utilizes online learning management systems known as: Canvas, Edgenuity and Pathblazer. Students who have Internet access at home can access Canvas, Edgenuity and Pathblazer via desktop, laptop or tablet (access via a smartphone is not recommended). Students who do not have access to the Internet may use the Digital Education Center computer lab room 103, located within the Community Learning Center at 211 Tooele Blvd. Tooele, UT 84074. Edgenuity is a common tool used in 7th-12th grade student learning, which assists educators in bringing coursework to students throughout Tooele County. Edgenuity courses are approved by the Utah State Board of Education and the Tooele County School District Board of Education.
- Digital Education Center (Kindergarten through 12th Grade)- open entry, open exit.
- K-6 Grades use Pathblazer, Google Classroom and Zoom (teachers may also use approved websites to aid in the delivery of instruction (e.g. i-Ready, Loom, Screencast, Flipgrid, Kahoot, Nearpod, and more).
- 7-12 Grades use Canvas and Edgenuity
- Snow College Accelerated Associates Degree- 9th-12th grades may participate
- Digital Education Center A-La-Carte- Utah core specific online courses (original credit and/or credit recovery), which can be taken in addition to face-to-face classes.
- My Tech High-Tooele- personalized distance learning
- Adult Education- Offering a path to an adult high school diploma
Digital Education Center Licensing Notification
Tooele County School District policy #4032
- Professional Educator License- issued to an individual who has demonstrated all of the Utah State Board of Education established competencies to be an educator
- Associate Educator License- issued to an individual who has met a minimum set of educator requirements and is completing all professional educator requirements to receive a professional educator license
- Local Education Agency (LEA-Specific) Educator license- a license issued to an individual approved by the local Board of Education, who has met locally defined competencies to be an educator
- Professional Educator Fully Qualified- 74%
- Educators Partially Qualified (AEL License/Program) 2%
- Educators Not Qualified (LEA Specific) 23%
- LEA-specific license area or endorsement may include:
- Out of state and internationally licensed educators completing Utah licensing requirements
- Educators waiting for university license recommendations
- Educators with expired Utah licenses
- Educators working towards an Associate license area/endorsement
- Career and Technical Education educators completing skills testing
- Educators waiting to begin a university licensure program
Utah State Board of Education Utah Educator Lookup Tool
Digital Education Center courses
have been approved by the Utah Board of Regents
The Digital Education Center is accredited through Cognia.
Elevate your learning anytime, anywhere