ITEMS NEEDED FOR COMMUNITY CLOSET
- New Socks (All Sizes)
- New Underwear (All Sizes)
- New and Gently Used Shoes (Toddler to Adult sizes)
- Gently Used Clothing (4T to size 16, Girls & Boys/ Adult Sizes, S-XL Men's & Women's)
- School Supplies (pencils, colored pencils, crayons, glue sticks, notebooks)
- New Backpacks
The McKinney-Vento Homeless Act
(Section 725) defines "homeless children and youth" (school age and younger) as:
- Children and youth who lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence, including children and youth who are:
- Sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing, economic hardship, or a similar reason;
- Living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, cars, public places, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations, camping grounds or similar settings due to the lack of alternative accommodations;
- Living in emergency or transitional shelters; abandoned in hospitals; or awaiting foster placement.
- Migratory children who qualify as homeless because they are living in circumstances described above.
- Unaccompanied youth, including any youth not in the physical custody of a parent or guardian, such as runaways; throwaways, and school-age unwed mothers living in homes for unwed mothers, who have no other housing available.