Cheer, band, dance, drama, etc. can occur in alignment with TCSD athletic guidelines. However, appropriate social distancing must occur AND it's still to be determined if an audience will be allowed at performances. There must be sufficient safety protocols for all these activities. For example, routines should not include partnering. Students should not share stands, music, instruments, mouth pieces, scripts, and microphones. Participants should ensure they wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before and after activities. Traffic flow patterns should be established in smaller spaces, such as the instrument storage rooms, to prevent the congregation of students.
For Dance/Ballroom students are encouraged to wear comfortable clothing as changing rooms may not be available. Face coverings will be required.
For physical education classes, lockers will not be assigned to students. Students can use the locker room to change, but must keep their clothing in their backpack. There will be no penalty for not wearing a P.E. uniform.
Practices should occur outside as much as possible. Implement social distancing, use virtual formats when appropriate, and limit the amount of students in a physical space during in-person sessions.
UHSAA SANCTIONED ACTIVITIES- GUIDELINES TO RETURN TO PLAY
- Symptom checking for all participants, both teams
- Rosters must be kept, with contact information to assist with contact tracing efforts if necessary
- Limit the number of players on the sidelines to 50 for football and 25 for all other sports.
- Social distancing where practical and in family groups at venues
- Mask where social distancing is not practical for participants and spectators. Face coverings should be strictly observed
- Face coverings continue to be used on the sidelines for players not in the game, in locker rooms, and athletic training rooms
- Coaches, officials and other contest personnel may wear face coverings at times. 8. Recommend that vulnerable individuals limit their participation and/or attendance in activities
- Follow all cleaning and sanitizing guidelines
- Concessions will follow guidelines from the health department
In addition to having a completed physical on file for the 2020–2021 school year, parents of participating student-athletes are required to be registered on the Register My Athlete
webpage. Both must be complete before athletes can practice, in alignment with historic practice.
- If a student does not have a completed physical on file for the 2020-2021 school year, they will need to see a physician and submit a newly completed physical.
All unnecessary travel will be evaluated and most likely canceled, this includes field trips. Overnight travel will also be limited or eliminated. School teams who qualify for UHSAA State tournaments will be allowed to stay overnight if a daily journey to the tournament site is not feasible.
ONLINE OR HOMESCHOOL STUDENTS
Students attending an online school or are homeschooled are allowed to participate in athletics and extracurriculars with their boundary school. Please contact your boundary school for more information.