While we celebrate in April, the reciprocal giving continues all year. Some nice birthday gifts received by TEF this month: Walmart Distribution Center Grant, TCSD Employee Contributions, Community Donations and Scholarship Funding.
Some examples of TEF gift-giving:
- Six elementary schools offered an Ophir field trip experience to the Historic Site this Spring.
- All TCSD Elementary and Secondary schools offered an environmental grant to assist with beautification projects at their schools.
- Participating schools received fish tanks and supplies for the Fish in the Classroom Program. Chicks and Butterflies programs are also on their way!
- TCSD students enjoyed Red Pears for the fruit of the month through TEF’s Fruits for Kids program.
- Grants supporting Tooele High School’s FCCLA National Competition and also Mr. & Miss Amazing Pageant were awarded.
- Post-secondary scholarship applications currently under review and will be selected for financial assistance before the end of April.
- Stampin’ Up! materials were gifted to teachers and faculty for student use throughout TCSD.
In our 8th year as a nonprofit organization, TEF continues to accomplish its mission throughout Tooele County School District with projects and programs enriching and enhancing students’ learning experiences. Students in our schools are well-provided for with their educational experience; however, it truly takes public and private partnerships to go above and beyond when providing unique learning experiences for students in and out of the classroom. TEF’s involvement helps enhance this process by providing teachers some additional tools to teach in a way they couldn’t before.
The Tooele Education Foundation could not do this important work without such highly-valued gifts. We have a sincere appreciation and gratitude for our many generous partners—thank you for celebrating with us. OUR CAUSE IS KIDS…and the best is yet to come.