Registration / Enrollment
- Preschool Registration
- 2024-2025 Kindergarten Registration
- 2023-2024 Kindergarten- Twelfth Grade Registration
- Out of Boundary Request
- Arena Scheduling for Charter Students
2024-2025 TCSD Preschools Accepting New Student Applications
Space is Limited! Positions are filled through lottery.
PreK Locations: ASE, CCE GES, NLE, RSE, SPE, SES, TWE, WES
Date and location will depend on your boundary school
Visit assigned location between 1:00 and 4:00 pm
February 21 at Twenty Wells Elem (636 S. Nygreen St, Grantsville)
Grantsville, Willow, Twenty Wells
March 6 at Sterling Elem (135 S. 7th St, Tooele)
Sterling, West, Northlake, Overlake, Settlement Canyon
March 20 at Stansbury Park Elem (485 Country Club, Stansbury Park)
Stansbury Park, Rose Springs, Old Mill, Copper Canyon, Middle Canyon
Birth Certificate, Immunization Records and Proof of Residency
Scholarships available for those who qualify
Preschoolers must be potty trained to attend
Open to children who are 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1, 2024
For more information about our program, please visit:
or call 435-833-1966
Tooele County School District Kindergarten registration for the 2024-2025 school year will open Thursday, February 1st @ 9:00 a.m.
To register your student, go to www.tooeleschools.org and click on the REGISTRATION Icon. Be prepared to upload your student’s immunization record and birth certificate. With these records uploaded and accepted by the school, registration is complete. If you do not have access to the internet at home, you may go to your boundary school office anytime, and they will be happy to assist. Before your student begins school, you will be required to complete a Welcome Back packet(which includes all required forms) in Skyward Family Access opening mid-July.
*If your student currently attends a Tooele County School District Preschool, you do not need to complete registration on Skyward, as you already have an account. Students will be assigned to their boundary school. If you want your child to attend a school that is not your boundary school you must submit an out of boundary request form.
* Students entering Kindergarten are expected to be potty trained.
According to Utah Code 53E-3-905, for a student to be eligible to enter Kindergarten, a child must be at least five (5) years of age on or before, September 2nd of the year in which admission is sought.
The following documentation will be required before a child can officially begin kindergarten for the 2024-2025 school year:
¨ Official State Birth Certificate(can be obtained from the Tooele Health Department)
¨ Proof of Residence(utility bill, current mortgage or rental contract, property tax notice)
¨ Vision Screening (form available on the website)
¨ Immunization Record-The following are required by law for a child entering school:
o 5 DTaP/DT,
o 4 Polio,
o 2 MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella),
o 3 Hepatitis B
o 2 Hepatitis A
o 2 Varicella (chickenpox).
Recommended for children 5 years and older but not required for school entry in Utah:
Full-Day Kindergarten vs Half-day Kindergarten:
TCSD is a full day District with a ½ day option available upon request. Check with your school for further details. If your school offers full-day kindergarten and you opt for half-day, please contact your school for more information and transportation limitations.
Utah Code 53G-6-803(2) An LEA shall reasonable accommodate a parent’s written request to retain a student in kindergarten through grade 8 on grade level based on the student’s academic ability or the student’s social, emotional, or physical maturity.
Is Kindergarten mandatory?
Kindergarten is not mandatory, but school attendance at the age of six is. If you feel your child is not ready to attend Kindergarten at age 5 and would like to delay start until age 6 you have that right. According to Utah Code 53G-6-803(2) in order for us to track enrollment in current and upcoming years, written request is required for keeping track of those students choosing to delay start. A delayed start form is available on our website or please contact Sue Medina, Administrative Assistant, to initiate the process at 435-833-1900 x1104.
The early enrollment application window is December 1, 2023, through February 16, 2024.
TOOELE SCHOOL DISTRICT ENROLLMENT OPTIONS/RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS
Early Enrollment Period Transfer Application
If you are a resident of a Utah school district other than TCSD and you want to attend TCSD, or if you are a resident of TCSD, and you want to attend a school other than your boundary school, you must complete an application form and follow these requirements to be considered.
1. The EARLY ENROLLMENT PERIOD begins on December 1 and continues through the Third Friday in February.
2. Begin your application process by submitting your application to Sue Medina for K-12 or Tami Gowans for Preschool at the District Office.
3. If your application is approved, you will be expected to honor that commitment for the requested school year.
4. Applications may be rejected based on: (a) unavailable space in a building, grade, class size, or program; (b) unavailability of a program your student requires, including special education programs; (c) student’s unwillingness to comply with district policies; (d) serious infractions of law or school rules, or chronic misbehavior at the previous school, which would, if it were to continue, endanger persons or property, cause serious disruption in the school, or place unreasonable burdens on school staff; or (e) negative effect on capacity, programs, class size, grade levels, or school buildings of the resident or requested school.
5. If enrolled, you may remain enrolled unless one of the following occurs: (a) you graduate; (b) you are no longer a Utah resident; (c) you are suspended or expelled from school; (d) space is no longer available. You will be notified by March 15 if you are to be excluded for the school year because enrollment within the school, grade level, or program will exceed 90% of capacity. The last enrolled are first excluded.
6. Attendance at a specific elementary or junior high does not guarantee attendance at a specific junior high or high school, with the exception of students enrolled in a Dual Language Immersion program in elementary school.
7. If your application is approved, you are responsible for your own transportation to and from school.
8. Although there is no guarantee, siblings of students already admitted through enrollment options have priority over other applicants.
9. UHSAA Eligibility: Secondary students admitted through open enrollment options are ineligible for UHSAA participation until approved through the UHSAA transfer process.
10. False or misleading information regarding residence or guardian information will result in the revocation of your enrollment option.
11. If you are denied enrollment or continued enrollment under this policy, you may appeal to the Grantsville, Stansbury, or Tooele Area Director. The Area Director’s decision shall be upheld in any later proceeding unless the decision is found, by clear and convincing evidence, to violate applicable law or regulations or to be arbitrary and capricious. Contact Administrative Assistant, Sue Medina (435)833-1900 x1104 for information about appeals and enrollment options.
12. The application form should be completed and returned to the requested school as soon as possible before the Third Friday in February. You will be notified by email or phone by March 31, or within six weeks of the application whichever is later, of approval or denial. You must notify an accepting school as soon as possible if you cannot attend.
13. Regardless of school capacity students may apply based on a special need. Transportation, child care, peer groups, and complaints about the current school are examples of issues the district does not consider to be special needs.
Late Enrollment Period Transfer Application
14. The LATE ENROLLMENT PERIOD is any time outside the Early Enrollment Period.
15. Paragraphs 2-13 above for the Early Enrollment Period apply to applications during the Late Enrollment Period. Do not check out of your resident school until you present the resident school with evidence you have been accepted at the requested school.